Author Topic: IPTC text  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Mart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC text
« on: July 10, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »
 How do i save my text in photo mechanic. As i am typing in the iptc field of one picture, all my pictures have that text.
I cannot find the right setting for that.
If i go to another picture and type someting in that text field all my other pictures will have that text too, including the iptc text fields i already gave another text.
Can you tell me what to do?
 :o
And if you can tell me that, then my next question is  how do i get the same text in the file-info of photoshop cs3?
greetings,
Henk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC text
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:08:51 AM »
Henk,

How do i save my text in photo mechanic. As i am typing in the iptc field of one picture, all my pictures have that text.
I cannot find the right setting for that.
If i go to another picture and type someting in that text field all my other pictures will have that text too, including the iptc text fields i already gave another text.
Can you tell me what to do?

It sounds like you're using the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog instead of the IPTC Info dialog.  The IPTC Stationery Pad dialog is used to bulk apply IPTC data to a group of photos.  The IPTC Info dialog shows the IPTC information for a single photo at a time.  You can bring up the IPTC Info dialog for a photo by clicking on the 'i' button that appears over the thumbnail when you move your mouse over the thumbnail.  Once in the IPTC Info dialog you will see a thumbnail for the specific photo and the IPTC data that that photo contains.  There are buttons that will help you navigate through your photos so you don't have to go in and out of the IPTC Info dialog repeatedly.

Quote from: henk
And if you can tell me that, then my next question is  how do i get the same text in the file-info of photoshop cs3?

Once you start getting your IPTC information into your photos, you should be able to view it in Photoshop or any other IPTC-savvy application.  If you have added some IPTC info in Photoshop, you'll see it in the IPTC Info dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk