Author Topic: Images won't open in Capture NX2, reverts to old NX  (Read 3049 times)

Offline tomsperduto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Images won't open in Capture NX2, reverts to old NX
« on: July 12, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »
I have changed my PM preference to open my RAW NEFs in Nikon Capture NX2.  The preferences show as changed and read Nikon Capture NX2. When I launch an image it opens in the old Nikon NX. I have restarted the computer, and tried everything I know of. This is seriously slowing down my work flow. Capture NX2 is loaded successfully and works fine. It simply will not be recognized as the launch application for PM.

I am using: Mac OS X 10.4.11
Photo Mechanic version: 4.5.31
RAM: 4 GB
Camera: Nikon D3, NEF files

Thanks for the help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Images won't open in Capture NX2, reverts to old NX
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:48:34 PM »
I have changed my PM preference to open my RAW NEFs in Nikon Capture NX2.  The preferences show as changed and read Nikon Capture NX2. When I launch an image it opens in the old Nikon NX. I have restarted the computer, and tried everything I know of. This is seriously slowing down my work flow. Capture NX2 is loaded successfully and works fine. It simply will not be recognized as the launch application for PM.

I am using: Mac OS X 10.4.11
Photo Mechanic version: 4.5.31
RAM: 4 GB
Camera: Nikon D3, NEF files

Thanks for the help

Please post a screen shot of your Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog's Launching tab to this thread.  You can use the 'Additional Options...' link to upload your screen shot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tomsperduto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »
Kirk,
Screen shot attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »
Tom,

Screen shot attached.

OK, that will send all images to Capture NX2 unless a specific editor has been assigned for a particular file type.

I would guess that you have the original Capture NX assigned to your NEF files which is overriding the default editor choice.

Click on the "Set..." button that is on the right side of the Launching tab.  It follows the text that reads "Assign specific editing applications for each file type:"  Use that dialog to either clear the current assignment for NEF files, or choose Capture NX2 for your NEF files.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline tomsperduto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:56:48 AM »
Kirk,
That did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Tom