Author Topic: Burn to external burner?  (Read 5804 times)

Offline tdunk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Burn to external burner?
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:30 AM »
Hey all-

Longtime user of fantastic program. Your constant updates are great! Trying to really use burning features for the first time and want to use my speedier external burner. Already burned just jpgs on internal from three day 1000+ frames raw jpg shoot and it was so easy. Seems I can only communicate with internal burner on Mac. Is there a way to get PM to use the external?

Thanks,

tdunk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burn to external burner?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 09:40:53 AM »
Hey all-

Longtime user of fantastic program. Your constant updates are great! Trying to really use burning features for the first time and want to use my speedier external burner. Already burned just jpgs on internal from three day 1000+ frames raw jpg shoot and it was so easy. Seems I can only communicate with internal burner on Mac. Is there a way to get PM to use the external?

Not currently.  Believe it or not, you're the first person to ask about burning to an external burner on the Mac version.

-Kirk

Offline tdunk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:51:28 AM »
Thanks Kirk-

Starting looking around a little and found some links about getting externals to work with iTunes, Disk Utility. Some mentioned getting device to register with finder which is more than I want to get into today. Do you think that would make it work in PM? Just curious. It would be a handy feature. My PB is 2x DVD, server is 4x DVD but external is 16x DVD. Makes it much better when I have a lot of backing up to do in one day (gotta do a lot of backup today to make room for images from another road trip starting tomorrow). Still, just being able to quickly make a disk of only small jpegs for editing and distribution worked flawlessly. Thanks again and have a great day!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:42:54 AM »
Thanks Kirk-

Starting looking around a little and found some links about getting externals to work with iTunes, Disk Utility. Some mentioned getting device to register with finder which is more than I want to get into today. Do you think that would make it work in PM? Just curious. It would be a handy feature. My PB is 2x DVD, server is 4x DVD but external is 16x DVD. Makes it much better when I have a lot of backing up to do in one day (gotta do a lot of backup today to make room for images from another road trip starting tomorrow). Still, just being able to quickly make a disk of only small jpegs for editing and distribution worked flawlessly. Thanks again and have a great day!

Photo Mechanic uses the same basic mechanism (SDK) to burn discs on Mac OS X as does the Finder and iTunes.  If you can get the Finder to recognize your external burner, then I would expect Photo Mechanic to be able to use it too.

-Kirk