Author Topic: please help me stop tearing out my hair....  (Read 6559 times)

Offline jonbarber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
please help me stop tearing out my hair....
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:24:02 PM »
 ???  I'm going nuts here.  I've used PM for years, but have evidently never understood some things.

I want to carry the creation date and time, recorded by my cameras at exposure, to every copy or version of an image that I might need.  However, PM is either not collecting that data, or is changing it on me to the date and time when I worked on the file.  This seems so basic an issue that I'm embarrassed about missing the answer, but I can't stop this from happening.  Can anyone help?

PM version is 4.4.3.3, Mac, OS 10.4.8, eMac 1.25 Ghz

Offline chrisnoland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • The Nolands
Re: please help me stop tearing out my hair....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 06:25:13 AM »
Jon,

This is in the variable section under time.  It is embedded in the IPTC information and you should be able to "reingest" Photo's if you want to put it into a field that is easier to search on or change the file name based upon it

Take a look at the attached

Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chris noland<br />www.thenolands.com

Offline Del

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
Hi,
I just posted the same question in the support forum.  Even looking at the window capture, which I saw, I don't know what to do with the inforamtion.  I tried typing the words in the braces but that just becomes part of the file name.  I just don't get it either.  Sorry for being so ignorant...
//Del

Offline Del

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:46:40 PM »
Jon,
Kirk just answered my same question in the Support forum. I opened the Ingest window, checked the "Rename..." box and the "Sequence..." box.  I then opened the Variables list and entered {date} in the window just before {seqn}.  I also put a space between the two.  I opened and reset the sequence and then clicked Ingest after highlighting the source and selecting the destination.
//Del