Author Topic: Activate PM  (Read 10195 times)

Offline Cycleboy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Activate PM
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:58:03 PM »
Opening the new installed beta I was asked to tegister PM. no problem on my Notebook, but my PC has no internet connection. Do I have to phone from Germany after every update from now??? I´m not amused  >:(  Funny thing: After cancelling the regristration window (I am a registred user) PM opens and works as nothing happened. What is all that good for?
Werner

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
Re: Activate PM
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »
Do I have to phone from Germany after every update from now??? I´m not amused  >:( 
why that? I guess Kirk speaks german as well ;-)

The costs should be not much. Anyway, you can use skype for reduce them anyhow.

But we have to look about the time.. that can be annoying
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »
Werner,

Opening the new installed beta I was asked to tegister PM. no problem on my Notebook, but my PC has no internet connection. Do I have to phone from Germany after every update from now???

No, you shouldn't have to do that after each update.  The only things that would require that would be entering a new registration, or data loss of the registration information on your computer. 

Quote from: Cycleboy
I´m not amused  >:(  Funny thing: After cancelling the regristration window (I am a registred user) PM opens and works as nothing happened. What is all that good for?

Sounds like a bug.

What is it for?  To stop the massively rampant piracy of Photo Mechanic that pervades the Internet.  This piracy costs us money not only in lost sales, but also in support costs.  You see many people who pirate Photo Mechanic actually post on our forums, call us on the phone for technical support, and email us with questions.  We know that this may be an inconvenience for our paying customers when one does not have an Internet connection, but a phone call will take care of it.  We'll look into making this process available via a web form so that you can use another computer with an internet connection to authenticate your computer that has no Internet connection.

-Kirk

Offline Cycleboy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:04:07 PM »
Kirk,
the web form sounds like a good solution and compromise. I would appreciate that. On the other hand.... : it would be a pleasure for me to phone you after every update  ;)

PM is a great program with an excellent support. I learned from some forums here, that the number of german users is growing very fast.

Have a nice weekend

Werner
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:08:26 PM by Cycleboy »

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
What is it for?  To stop the massively rampant piracy of Photo Mechanic that pervades the Internet.  This piracy costs us money not only in lost sales, but also in support costs.  You see many people who pirate Photo Mechanic actually post on our forums, call us on the phone for technical support, and email us with questions.

This is why I not so openly advertise PM as I would like to. I have some colleagues who would happily use it for their paying work without paying for it to Camerabits. And they simply don't deserve this. Or from the other end: Camerabits guys very well deserve their money for their great job with development and support.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:49:34 PM »
szurkebarat,

Can you please steal some of those colleagues photos and email them? Camera Bits may be able to use them on a new splash screen or to advertise their products. BTW if those colleagues need some hot gear or computers tell them to carry one of these in their camera bag.

Thanks.

-- Robert.

[Disclaimer: Of course Dennis wouldn't do that!]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:52:17 PM by RobertE »

Offline Cycleboy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
the new web form works perfect! a good solution for the legal user and you guys have the chance to kick out unauthorized users.
you get a decent paymant for your excellent work, and the PM-community has a benefit as well!

Werner