Author Topic: Photo Mechanic freezes  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Stig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic freezes
« on: July 17, 2008, 06:42:56 AM »
It opens up the files in the first window, but when I double-click on an image everything freezes and I have to shut it down.

I´m on a Intel Macbook 2,16 GHz with system 10.4.11

Happened a couple of hors ago, and I have restarted the computer without any better result.

Ideas?

Can I drag a copy from another harddisc? Can I download a new copy of PM and install that over the old? Need I in that case delete som preferences or such?

Can I try to drag some pref files to the bin?

Thanks,

PS. I work with nef-files but the same thing happened when I tried a folder with just two psd-files in it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:44:56 AM by Stig »

Offline Stig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Mechanic freezes
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:59:55 AM »
Update.

I downloaded the latest beta and it behaves exact like the version I use: 4.5.3.1

How can this be, do they use some common files?

Offline Stig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:37:38 AM »
Starting up from an external hard drive which is a clone of the hd on the computer everything runs normal. Are using the program on the ext drive and working on the same folder as before which is located on the main disc.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »
Stig,

Starting up from an external hard drive which is a clone of the hd on the computer everything runs normal. Are using the program on the ext drive and working on the same folder as before which is located on the main disc.

I'd suggest removing your current Photo Mechanic preferences file.  It is located in the following location:

<your home folder>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist

Quit PM if it is already running.  Then find the file and drag it to your Desktop.  Then start Photo Mechanic again.

If you need further assistance then please call our support technicians at 503-547-2888

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Stig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:47:27 AM »
Thanks,

tried it once before I read your suggestion with no result, but now when I did it again it worked..!

Thanks! :)