Author Topic: unable to render image - beta  (Read 4109 times)

Offline craig pulsifer

• View Profile
unable to render image - beta
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »
Hi Kirk,

PM Error message shows on Preview screen: "Unable to Render Image".  I had just finished a composite in CS3 from two images.  I flattened the whole, converted to 8 bit JPG and saved with compression 12 resulting in 60 Mb file / 14 Mb compressed.  Went to PM to continue editing, looked at file and got message. 

Does this have to do with file size limit on rendering or there more to it?

Thanks,
Craig
[MBP OS 10.5.4; PM 4.5.3.2]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: unable to render image - beta
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:02 PM »
Craig,

PM Error message shows on Preview screen: "Unable to Render Image".  I had just finished a composite in CS3 from two images.  I flattened the whole, converted to 8 bit JPG and saved with compression 12 resulting in 60 Mb file / 14 Mb compressed.  Went to PM to continue editing, looked at file and got message. 

Does this have to do with file size limit on rendering or there more to it?

I don't know.  Can you share the file with me so I can try it out for myself?  Send me a personal message and I'll respond with FTP server upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline craig pulsifer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »
Kirk,
Problem resolved itself.  Fortunately or unfortunately, after posting my question last night, I reopened the file in CS3, made a minor adjustment to the composite and saved changes under same file name.  Lo, the file now renders in PM.  Didn't mean to cry wolf; just want to see the Beta release go as smooth as possible.

Thanks,
~ Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:33:12 AM »
Craig,

Kirk,
Problem resolved itself.  Fortunately or unfortunately, after posting my question last night, I reopened the file in CS3, made a minor adjustment to the composite and saved changes under same file name.  Lo, the file now renders in PM.  Didn't mean to cry wolf; just want to see the Beta release go as smooth as possible.

Us too!  Thanks for following up.

-Kirk