Author Topic: stationery pad date keeps changing back to today  (Read 6548 times)

Offline gajones

• View Profile
stationery pad date keeps changing back to today
« on: June 26, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »
On 4.4.3.1 (mac), I have noticed that if I change the date on the stationery pad, apply the stationery, then re-open the stationery pad, the date has reverted to today. Is that supposed to happen? I've checked and it didn't with 4.4.3...

The option to "always use todays date in stationery pad" is not checked in the preferences.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:50:38 PM by gajones »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: stationery pad date keeps changing back to today
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »
On 4.4.3.1 (mac), I have noticed that if I change the date on the stationery pad, apply the stationery, then re-open the stationery pad, the date has reverted to today. Is that supposed to happen? I've checked and it didn't with 4.4.3...

The option to "always use todays date in stationery pad" is not checked in the preferences.

It doesn't do that to me.  Mine says June 8th, 2005 when I open it.

-Kirk

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 08:58:50 PM »
Kirk,

could you have a look at this sequence - maybe I'm just being incredibly stupid (wouldn't be the first time!)

www.ydimage.com/pm.mov

cheers

Gareth.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:35:20 PM »
Gareth,

could you have a look at this sequence - maybe I'm just being incredibly stupid (wouldn't be the first time!)

www.ydimage.com/pm.mov

The only thing I see is that the IPTC Stationery Pad is closing when you apply to selected.  Now this should cause everything to be saved, but what if you just open the IPTC Stationery Pad, change the date, and then close the IPTC Stationery Pad, then reopen it.  Does the date still change?

Another thing to do would be to send me your preferences file.  Contact me privately for more information on how you can get that to me.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »
Gareth,

The only thing I see is that the IPTC Stationery Pad is closing when you apply to selected.  Now this should cause everything to be saved, but what if you just open the IPTC Stationery Pad, change the date, and then close the IPTC Stationery Pad, then reopen it.  Does the date still change?

Yes it does.

Another thing to do would be to send me your preferences file.  Contact me privately for more information on how you can get that to me.

Ok, thanks.