Author Topic: E-mail sent resolution  (Read 2954 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
E-mail sent resolution
« on: July 24, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »
I experience troubble with the resolution of images sent from PM via e-mail. I select the images (some crop set) then select send photo via email and set fit 800 x 800 and OK. When the email appears in Mail all the images are 320x200 in resolution. What can go wrong? Are Mail (I mean the e-mail app under OSX) settings wrong, or PM may have some troubble?

I user the latest PM beta expiring 31 july, and Mac OSX 10.5.2.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: E-mail sent resolution
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »
I experience troubble with the resolution of images sent from PM via e-mail. I select the images (some crop set) then select send photo via email and set fit 800 x 800 and OK. When the email appears in Mail all the images are 320x200 in resolution. What can go wrong? Are Mail (I mean the e-mail app under OSX) settings wrong, or PM may have some troubble?

If you save the attachments, are they really 320x200?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 06:23:23 AM »

-Kirk

I discovered the problem. Mail on the lower edge of the new mail window allows to resize attached images or keep their original size (given by PM) I just didn't notice this option until now (with some outside help).

So the problem is solved. Sorry for taking your time.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 06:36:49 AM »

I discovered the problem. Mail on the lower edge of the new mail window allows to resize attached images or keep their original size (given by PM) I just didn't notice this option until now (with some outside help).

So the problem is solved. Sorry for taking your time.

No problem.  I'm glad you figured it out.

-Kirk