Author Topic: Transfer Preferences from XP Desktop to Vista Laptop  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Transfer Preferences from XP Desktop to Vista Laptop
« on: July 24, 2008, 03:41:40 PM »
Kirk,

I try to figure out how to transfer all my setting that I adjusted in the different tabs of the Preference Dialogue from my XP desktop to my Vista laptop. The import/export option in the Preference Dialogue only transfers IPTC info's, but not actual program preferences.

What files/folders do I need to copy and where do I find these on the XP system and where do I have to add them on the Vista system?

Thanks in advance.

Juerg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Transfer Preferences from XP Desktop to Vista Laptop
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 04:20:12 PM »
Juerg,

I try to figure out how to transfer all my setting that I adjusted in the different tabs of the Preference Dialogue from my XP desktop to my Vista laptop. The import/export option in the Preference Dialogue only transfers IPTC info's, but not actual program preferences.

What files/folders do I need to copy and where do I find these on the XP system and where do I have to add them on the Vista system?

You would need to use RegEdit to export various keys to a file and then import them on your Vista machine.  Not a trivial task.

In 4.6 there will be a much better import/export preferences feature.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Re: Transfer Preferences from XP Desktop to Vista Laptop
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »
Thanks Kirk.

I was affraid that it would not be easy. As I can't wait for version 4.6 I guess I have to manually change all preferences on the laptop to match the desktop.

Juerg