Author Topic: Ingest from camera  (Read 2979 times)

Offline genevieve

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest from camera
« on: July 27, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
Hi folks,
My first post here.  I'm having trouble photographing tethered.  Specifically, I'm trying to ingest files directly to a PowerBook Mac G4 running 10.4.11 from a Nikon D300 via a USB line.  For some reason, PM 4.5.3.1 isn't seeing the camera.  At least no reference to the camera appears as an option in the Ingest dialog box.  I don't want to use Bridge, but the Bridge photo downloader does see the camera and can download the files.  I've tried both my D300 and my D70.  Any ideas?
thanks a million!
genevieve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest from camera
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:10:02 PM »
genevieve,

My first post here.  I'm having trouble photographing tethered.  Specifically, I'm trying to ingest files directly to a PowerBook Mac G4 running 10.4.11 from a Nikon D300 via a USB line.  For some reason, PM 4.5.3.1 isn't seeing the camera.  At least no reference to the camera appears as an option in the Ingest dialog box.  I don't want to use Bridge, but the Bridge photo downloader does see the camera and can download the files.  I've tried both my D300 and my D70.  Any ideas?
thanks a million!

If the camera doesn't show up as a disk on your Desktop, then PM will not be able to see it.  Is there some setting in the camera that you can adjust that will allow it to show up as a disk?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Ingest from camera
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »
genevieve, you probably need to put your camera in USB Mass storage mode, not PTP.  For the D70 you can find the option in the setup menu (page 165 of the manual).   For the D300 it is similar.

Hope this helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl