Author Topic: cant create email with mac mail3.3  (Read 2263 times)

Offline pmathew

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
cant create email with mac mail3.3
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:21 PM »
when I try to send photos via email (mac mail 3.3 on OS10.5.4) both programs (or at least mail) hang and I get the message

"There was an error while creating the email via AppleScript. Please make sure your email application is configured properly.
The Console.log has details of the error."

It seems I can still create messages with single image attachments but not with multiple images.

I updated to mail 3.3  a couple of weeks ago but this problem seems to have just started today.

any ideas

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: cant create email with mac mail3.3
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:09:33 PM »
when I try to send photos via email (mac mail 3.3 on OS10.5.4) both programs (or at least mail) hang and I get the message

"There was an error while creating the email via AppleScript. Please make sure your email application is configured properly.
The Console.log has details of the error."

It seems I can still create messages with single image attachments but not with multiple images.

I updated to mail 3.3  a couple of weeks ago but this problem seems to have just started today.

any ideas

It is a bug in the latest versions of Apple's Mail application.  We have reported the bug to Apple and hopefully they'll fix it.  We provided them with a standalone AppleScript that will reproduce the problem in Mail without the involvement of Photo Mechanic.  in the upcoming 4.5.3.2 release we have added code to workaround the issue and it does help somewhat.  See the Announcement section of the forums for a link to download the 4.5.3.2 beta.

-Kirk