Author Topic: Simpleviewer Captions  (Read 4980 times)

Offline boydman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Simpleviewer Captions
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:21:14 AM »
In the Simpleviewer export dialog box, there is a CAPTION field.  However, anything I type in this field shows up below every image.  I would like a different caption for each image (filename, for example).

How do I create sequential captions, or, generate captions using the image filenames?

thanks.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:23:08 AM by boydman »

Offline boydman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Simpleviewer Captions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:30:43 AM »
I found the answer in another post - In the Caption field of the SimpleViewer template put: {filename}

Now, is there a way to edit the placement of the caption?  By default, it shows up on the left side under the thumbnails.  I'd rather it showed up beneath the enlarged image.  Maybe by editing the XML file?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Simpleviewer Captions
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »
I found the answer in another post - In the Caption field of the SimpleViewer template put: {filename}

Now, is there a way to edit the placement of the caption?  By default, it shows up on the left side under the thumbnails.  I'd rather it showed up beneath the enlarged image.  Maybe by editing the XML file?

Unlikely.  I exposed all of the functionality of the SimpleViewer applet in the exporter.  If you don't see controls for what you're looking for, then there is no way to do what you're trying to do.

SimpleViewer, AutoViewer and PostcardViewer are all pretty simple presentations.

-Kirk