Author Topic: Show blown highlights & lost shadows in review mode.  (Read 18926 times)

Offline pescatore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • 12-Fotos.de
Re: Show blown highlights & lost shadows in review mode.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »
Thanks Kirk for your replay!
I hope of an implementation in the next version...

Regards Uwe
--

Offline Paul Gillis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »
I've been using PM for years now & love it.  I also use BreezeBrowser sometimes, and the one advantage I think it has is the flashing highlights display.  Very important when selecting photos.  (Histogram is great, but it doesn't tell you where the problem is.  If the overexposure is just in the sky or in specular reflections, the photo may still be acceptable.)

As another post suggested, it would also be very handy to have an R/G/B value readout down in the corner when you mouse over the preview window.

So these feature would be highly appreciated.  It would give me a reason to upgrade to the new version!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »
Paul,

I've been using PM for years now & love it.  I also use BreezeBrowser sometimes, and the one advantage I think it has is the flashing highlights display.  Very important when selecting photos.  (Histogram is great, but it doesn't tell you where the problem is.  If the overexposure is just in the sky or in specular reflections, the photo may still be acceptable.)

The version of this feature that I have implemented doesn't 'flash' but the effect is quite obvious.  The feature will be shown in October at the PhotoPlus expo in New York.

Quote from: Paul Gillis
As another post suggested, it would also be very handy to have an R/G/B value readout down in the corner when you mouse over the preview window.

If we were to implement such a feature, it would just read the pixels of the scaled, post color managed image (what you see on screen) and not the actual source image data (PM doesn't keep it around) but that would likely be good enough.

-Kirk