Author Topic: Crop Palette  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Ruth Morgan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crop Palette
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
Where do I find the Crop Palette?  P. 24 in Manual shows Info and Crop; I only get an Info Display.
Thanks, RM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crop Palette
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Ruth,

Where do I find the Crop Palette?  P. 24 in Manual shows Info and Crop; I only get an Info Display.

It sounds like you have it hidden.  On the right side of the Preview window is a widget that you can use to show/hide the Crop controls.  It is a small button with a triangle pointing down.  Click on it and the Crop controls will appear.

-Kirk

Offline Ruth Morgan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »
Kirk -
I do not find a widget triangle on the Preview window, if I am using the right window -- "Preview" from Image drop-down, or dbl clicking on thumbnail.  The info palette comes up when I open Tooltips and there is no widget on it either.
Thx,
Ruth

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »
Ruth,

I do not find a widget triangle on the Preview window, if I am using the right window -- "Preview" from Image drop-down, or dbl clicking on thumbnail.  The info palette comes up when I open Tooltips and there is no widget on it either.

Could you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Ruth Morgan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Kirk,
I'm probably too new at this to be bothering you, but I don't know how to post a screen shot for you --
The description:
On p. 24 of manual:  When I turn on Info tooltips and roll the mouse over the thumbnail, the info screen only  shows the information in the Info Palette that is displayed on p. 24.  There is not an outer frame with {Info} with a triangle widget or with the {-} or {+} button at the top, nor does the {Crop} with down triangle widget and the info on the Crop Palette  that is dislayed on p. 24 show up.

If I have the thumbnail clicked to Preview, at the top is "Preview for __RPM . . etc. . . 34%" and across the top bar there are the back/forward arrows, two rotation icons, etc. through the "Full View (F)" icon and then on the far right the "Color Matching" square; on the bottom bar, the five star rating on lower left and color rating options and tag box on the right. Again, no info or crop widgets.

Am I missing a "Preview Mode" from a different drop-down menu than the one I indicated initially?

Thanks,
Ruth

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 11:44:12 AM »
Ruth,

I'm probably too new at this to be bothering you, but I don't know how to post a screen shot for you --
The description:
On p. 24 of manual:  When I turn on Info tooltips and roll the mouse over the thumbnail, the info screen only  shows the information in the Info Palette that is displayed on p. 24.  There is not an outer frame with {Info} with a triangle widget or with the {-} or {+} button at the top, nor does the {Crop} with down triangle widget and the info on the Crop Palette  that is dislayed on p. 24 show up.

If I have the thumbnail clicked to Preview, at the top is "Preview for __RPM . . etc. . . 34%" and across the top bar there are the back/forward arrows, two rotation icons, etc. through the "Full View (F)" icon and then on the far right the "Color Matching" square; on the bottom bar, the five star rating on lower left and color rating options and tag box on the right. Again, no info or crop widgets.

Am I missing a "Preview Mode" from a different drop-down menu than the one I indicated initially?

Type the 'R' key on your keyboard.  The controls panel on the right side of the screen should appear.  There you should see the interface for the Info text and Crop panel.

-Kirk