Author Topic: deselect All/Selected/Tagged/Untagged filter dropdown after change  (Read 1766 times)

Offline dadri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'd like to ask for a minor UI change to improve workflow.
The dropdown to filter images should automatically be deselected after one has changed its value, so that after changing the filter one can directly continue going through the images.

I often have the situation that I switch between All images (understanding the context of a tagged photo / searching a shirt number) and Tagged images. But I often use arrow keys to go through images in grid view and after changing the filter I accidentally change it again with the arrow keys instead of going through the images.

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Re: deselect All/Selected/Tagged/Untagged filter dropdown after change
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 01:40:33 PM »
Looks to be Windows specific, I don't see that behavior on macOS.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Online RogerB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 04:40:23 AM »
If you use the shortcut keys (F1=view all, F3=view tagged and F4=view untagged) it doesn't move the focus to the dropdown control, it leaves it on the contact sheet.  Or at least it does on my system, using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (21H2)  [10.0.19044.1348] and Photo Mechanic Plus version 6.0, build 6097.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 10:58:12 AM »
I'd like to ask for a minor UI change to improve workflow.
The dropdown to filter images should automatically be deselected after one has changed its value, so that after changing the filter one can directly continue going through the images.

I often have the situation that I switch between All images (understanding the context of a tagged photo / searching a shirt number) and Tagged images. But I often use arrow keys to go through images in grid view and after changing the filter I accidentally change it again with the arrow keys instead of going through the images.

I'm addressing this issue for the next build of Photo Mechanic 6. (and Plus)

-Kirk