Author Topic: tagging images  (Read 4158 times)

Offline jgb77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
tagging images
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
I have used Photo Mechanic before, at work, and it seemed to be more efficient. I have now purchased a copy for my home work station (I-Mac 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo) and tagging photos on the contact sheet seems to take much more time. The "check" used to appear in the box instantly, it now takes about seven seconds causing much delay in my editing process. How can this problem be resolved?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: tagging images
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:26:05 AM »
I have used Photo Mechanic before, at work, and it seemed to be more efficient. I have now purchased a copy for my home work station (I-Mac 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo) and tagging photos on the contact sheet seems to take much more time. The "check" used to appear in the box instantly, it now takes about seven seconds causing much delay in my editing process. How can this problem be resolved?

What OS version are you using?

Please try the Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 beta version.  It is available in the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline jgb77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »
I am using OS 10.5.4

Offline jgb77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:48:53 AM »
Tried the beta version, didn't help much.... nano seconds if anything.

Specifics...MAC OS 10.5.4, PM 4.5.3.1, 4GB memory, Nikon D2h (the same camera I used before when I did not encounter the tagging delay while using on an older I MAC and older version of PM, both late 2007), jpeg files

Are there any preferences that need to be changed?, I went through the menus and nothing stuck out as being the problem

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »
Tried the beta version, didn't help much.... nano seconds if anything.

Specifics...MAC OS 10.5.4, PM 4.5.3.1, 4GB memory, Nikon D2h (the same camera I used before when I did not encounter the tagging delay while using on an older I MAC and older version of PM, both late 2007), jpeg files

Are there any preferences that need to be changed?, I went through the menus and nothing stuck out as being the problem

No preferences need to be changed.  Please call 503-547-2888 for direct support on this issue.

-Kirk