Author Topic: Best XMP - IPTC settings for Extensis Portfolio  (Read 6735 times)

Offline PhotoServices

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Best XMP - IPTC settings for Extensis Portfolio
« on: July 25, 2008, 10:02:53 AM »
I have read through the user manual for photo mechanic and am now looking to make it integrate with Extensis Portfolio 8.5.  On page 112 - 115 of the user's guide you give some preferences for IPTC and XMP settings.  What would your suggestion be for using Portfolio 8.5.Thanks.
Oh and by the way...Photo Mechanic is the best program ever.  As a photographer, photo editor and manager of a photo library it is fast, efficient and works well.  It truly models editing practices for film and is very easy to learn.  It is the best money I have ever spent on an editing program.   It blows Adobe lightroom out of the water, being so much faster.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Best XMP - IPTC settings for Extensis Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
I have read through the user manual for photo mechanic and am now looking to make it integrate with Extensis Portfolio 8.5.  On page 112 - 115 of the user's guide you give some preferences for IPTC and XMP settings.  What would your suggestion be for using Portfolio 8.5.Thanks.
Oh and by the way...Photo Mechanic is the best program ever.  As a photographer, photo editor and manager of a photo library it is fast, efficient and works well.  It truly models editing practices for film and is very easy to learn.  It is the best money I have ever spent on an editing program.   It blows Adobe lightroom out of the water, being so much faster.

Hopefully some other users can provide some assistance on this one.  I don't own Extensis Portfolio and don't have much experience with it.

-Kirk

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
I do use both programs. My version of Portfolio is 7.04. In portfolio you create CUSTOM fields that map a photo mechanic IPTC filed into a named Portfolio filed. That should get you going in the right direction. If you stall, get back to me. John

Offline jose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »
If I remember well -but you need to confirm in the Extensis manual- up to the version 8.5 the XMP sidecars are not supported.