Author Topic: "time Date" field on capture time by default  (Read 3781 times)

Offline tacovdeb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"time Date" field on capture time by default
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »
Hi, I have a question about the capture date and the modification date. I usually, fill in my captions by hitting the "i" when in contactsheet, then I will be in the IPTC info screen. I then use the copy-paste and save arrows to move from one to another photo. In most cases the date gets wrong and is hard to change, especially if I want to change a buch of them. I always want the date to be the capture date but in the "Time and Date" field the default is called "date" which seems to be the date the photo is captioned and not captured. In the roll-down menu I see the "capture date" but its hard to get that date saved and in the front. The database off the press agency I work with just reacts on the time that is shown in the "time and date" field which always jumps on "date", which isn't the capture date. So if I caption a picture a couple of days after it was shot, it will be dated on today.
How can I put  the "time Date" field on capture time by default.
(OS X 10.4.11, 4 x 2,5 GHz, 2,5 GB SDRAM, PM 4.5.3.1, Nikon D3)
Best regards and thanks a lot,

Taco

Offline tacovdeb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: "time Date" field on capture time by default
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
Found some solution myself  ::) I updated to Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2, and have the feeling this helps a lot. When using the stationery pad I can set a bunch of pics to capture time and that stays that way, nice! Would be even better if I could set the capture time on default in the IPTC info window.

Taco