Poll

I'm working with the most updated version of PM but it won't merge the images from my D200 and D300 when I select to view them by capture time.

,jkgu
0 (0%)
nloiyfg
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: D200 and D300 Capture Time  (Read 4680 times)

Offline brianmorow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
D200 and D300 Capture Time
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:05 AM »
I'm having trouble viewing my photos by capture time. I'm shooting with a Nikon D200 and a Nikon D300 on assignment and would like to edit from the beginning of the shoot to the end, regardless of camera. When I choose to view all of the images by capture time instead of by file name, the photos are still grouped by file name, not the time they were captured. Basically, the photos from the two different cameras will not merge, they remain separate per camera. The cameras times are synched within a few seconds of eachother. What gives?

Offline brianmorow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: D200 and D300 Capture Time
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:31:31 AM »
P.S.- I'm using PM 4.5.3.2 on Windows XP with 504mb of RAM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »
Brian,

I'm having trouble viewing my photos by capture time. I'm shooting with a Nikon D200 and a Nikon D300 on assignment and would like to edit from the beginning of the shoot to the end, regardless of camera. When I choose to view all of the images by capture time instead of by file name, the photos are still grouped by file name, not the time they were captured. Basically, the photos from the two different cameras will not merge, they remain separate per camera. The cameras times are synched within a few seconds of eachother. What gives?

I expect that your capture times may be off by a whole year, but if you do the following, we can check.  Open up the Preferences dialog and click on the "Contact Sheet" tab.  In the section titled "Labels:", add one label with the following text:

{datesort}-{timesort}

Then OK the Preferences dialog.  Now under each thumbnail title will be date and time each photo was shot.  Look over your thumbnails.  Do any of the dates or times look way off?  If so, you can use the Adjust Capture Dates and Times command on the Tools menu to adjust any photos whose dates are off.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline brianmorow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:18:50 PM »
Kirk-

Even when I'm positive, I should probably double check things. My D200 was in fact set to the year 2007 instead of 2008. Thanks for stating the obvious for me. Sometimes I need it.

Brian