Author Topic: Save As window and Renaming files  (Read 5739 times)

Offline k_bennett

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save As window and Renaming files
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:56:43 AM »
Greetings,

Using the Save Photos As.... menu command, one of my options is to Rename the files. This is great, as I can add a suffix to indicate what sort of file (web, FPO, etc.) I am creating. So I use  "{filenamebase}_web" as my Rename option, and it works. Very nice.

Except that it's a global change -- now my standard Rename box has the same "{filenamebase}_web" instead of my usual filename convention. Yes, I can save presets for both the Save As and the Rename dialogs -- in fact, I already do -- but as I toggle back and forth between these commands all the time, it might be better if the Save As rename option were local to that command, rather than global. This would be similar to the global vs. local option in the Ingest dialog box.

What do you think? Possible? Useful?

Thanks,

Ken

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save As window and Renaming files
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:13:01 AM »
Ken,

Using the Save Photos As.... menu command, one of my options is to Rename the files. This is great, as I can add a suffix to indicate what sort of file (web, FPO, etc.) I am creating. So I use  "{filenamebase}_web" as my Rename option, and it works. Very nice.

Except that it's a global change -- now my standard Rename box has the same "{filenamebase}_web" instead of my usual filename convention. Yes, I can save presets for both the Save As and the Rename dialogs -- in fact, I already do -- but as I toggle back and forth between these commands all the time, it might be better if the Save As rename option were local to that command, rather than global. This would be similar to the global vs. local option in the Ingest dialog box.

What do you think? Possible? Useful?

A number of people have made this request.  We'll consider it.

-Kirk