Author Topic: truncated files  (Read 2948 times)

Offline theresa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
truncated files
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:18:35 AM »
I used the trial version of Photo mechanic for the first time and now I am having problems with opening my images. (Fortunately I saved them to disc at each stage.) However, my computer says " Jpeg marker segment length is too short, files may be truncated or incomplete." Some of my thumbnails photos changed as I was watching them to generic jpeg icons. I am not sure if it was Photomechanic that caused this or maybe I just have too many images taking up space on the computer. I have never had this problem with any of my other images and it just seemed to happen right after downloading photo mechanic.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: truncated files
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:06:23 AM »
Theresa,

I used the trial version of Photo mechanic for the first time and now I am having problems with opening my images. (Fortunately I saved them to disc at each stage.) However, my computer says " Jpeg marker segment length is too short, files may be truncated or incomplete." Some of my thumbnails photos changed as I was watching them to generic jpeg icons. I am not sure if it was Photomechanic that caused this or maybe I just have too many images taking up space on the computer. I have never had this problem with any of my other images and it just seemed to happen right after downloading photo mechanic.

What kinds of operations did you do in Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk