Author Topic: Time different than other programs  (Read 4003 times)

Offline justmee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Time different than other programs
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »
I am noticing a problem using Photo Mechanics ingest feature, and I don't know if it's a known glitch or if I am just missing something. I used the {timesort} variable and compared it to the Downloader Pro files and noticed an hour difference in the times. So I looked into it more, and Lightroom, Breeze Browser Pro and Downloader Pro would give a time of say 23:48:30, and then Photo Mechanic, both using ingest as well as the preview info for the picture, would give a time an hour earlier of 22:48:30. It this a known problem or why the difference?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Time different than other programs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »
I am noticing a problem using Photo Mechanics ingest feature, and I don't know if it's a known glitch or if I am just missing something. I used the {timesort} variable and compared it to the Downloader Pro files and noticed an hour difference in the times. So I looked into it more, and Lightroom, Breeze Browser Pro and Downloader Pro would give a time of say 23:48:30, and then Photo Mechanic, both using ingest as well as the preview info for the picture, would give a time an hour earlier of 22:48:30. It this a known problem or why the difference?

That's news to me.  If you would like to share a photo with me and tell me the time you expect it to have, I'd be happy to look into it.

-Kirk

Offline justmee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
Sure, where do I send it to?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:02 AM »
Sure, where do I send it to?

I've sent you a personal message with the upload instructions.  Check your 'MY MESSAGES' button at the top of the forums.

-Kirk