Author Topic: Contact Sheet Metada  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Alejadnro J Garza

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Contact Sheet Metada
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:07:16 PM »
I have used PM for several months now and find it very good to apply data to photos within a contac sheet.  Many people are waithing for a catalog functionality, and I know you are working on that.

However, I would also find it very useful if I could apply data (such as categories, keywords, etc.) to a contact sheet.   Then I would like to search for contact sheets that have certain keyword, category, etc. . What I mean is something like a catalog of folders.

For example, I normaly put all the pictures of a photo event in one contact sheet.  By photo event I mean things like family trip, family birthday, friends reunion, church event, Christmas etc.  I would like to be able to search all contact sheets conatining the keyword family trip, family birthday, etc.

Are you considering to add eventualy this functionality??

Alejandro Garza
Monterrey, Mexico
Nikon D700, PM, Capture NX2, IDImager PS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact Sheet Metada
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »
I have used PM for several months now and find it very good to apply data to photos within a contac sheet.  Many people are waithing for a catalog functionality, and I know you are working on that.

However, I would also find it very useful if I could apply data (such as categories, keywords, etc.) to a contact sheet.   Then I would like to search for contact sheets that have certain keyword, category, etc. . What I mean is something like a catalog of folders.

For example, I normaly put all the pictures of a photo event in one contact sheet.  By photo event I mean things like family trip, family birthday, friends reunion, church event, Christmas etc.  I would like to be able to search all contact sheets conatining the keyword family trip, family birthday, etc.

Are you considering to add eventualy this functionality??

Cataloging should solve these requests for you.

-Kirk