Author Topic: Printing thumbnails for a "jewel case"?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
Printing thumbnails for a "jewel case"?
« on: August 25, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
When sending out DVD's I usually print a page with thumbnails of a selection of the images, which I place in the back of the jewel case. I can't see an easy to do this with PM.

In Photoshop I create the contact sheet to the correct size (about 4.6" x 5.25") then print it on a larger sheet with crop marks. This way the images can be printed right to the edge and be as large as possible.

The best work around I can see for PM is to define a custom page size in the print driver and save the contact as a pdf (first doing a preview to see the results then cancelling out the print) then open and print it from Photoshop so I can set it to print on a larger sheet with crop marks. Is there a better way? Is there any way to have PM save out a tif or jpeg of the contact sheet?

If there's no way to do what I want, please consider it a feature request.

Ric Cohn

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Printing thumbnails for a "jewel case"?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »
Ric,

When sending out DVD's I usually print a page with thumbnails of a selection of the images, which I place in the back of the jewel case. I can't see an easy to do this with PM.

In Photoshop I create the contact sheet to the correct size (about 4.6" x 5.25") then print it on a larger sheet with crop marks. This way the images can be printed right to the edge and be as large as possible.

The best work around I can see for PM is to define a custom page size in the print driver and save the contact as a pdf (first doing a preview to see the results then cancelling out the print) then open and print it from Photoshop so I can set it to print on a larger sheet with crop marks. Is there a better way? Is there any way to have PM save out a tif or jpeg of the contact sheet?

No, but it is an often requested feature that I had hoped to implement in 4.6 but it doesn't look like it is going to make it.

-Kirk