Author Topic: changing resolution when using ingest  (Read 7620 times)

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
changing resolution when using ingest
« on: August 30, 2008, 03:49:29 AM »
I've just done a search and cannot find any reference to this as a previous suggestion.

I know you can set this when using ftp but would be handy if you had the same option when creating the settings for ingest. Of course it may slow down the ingest but quicker than having to alter each individual image.

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: changing resolution when using ingest
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09:17 AM »
Graham,

I've just done a search and cannot find any reference to this as a previous suggestion.

I know you can set this when using ftp but would be handy if you had the same option when creating the settings for ingest. Of course it may slow down the ingest but quicker than having to alter each individual image.

Do you mean that you want to resize the images as they are Ingested, or that you just want to set the DPI as they're Ingested?

-Kirk

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:32:25 PM »
Set DPI when ingested

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
Graham,

Set DPI when ingested

Why not just use the "Set DPI..." command on the Tools menu after the Ingest completes?

-Kirk

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »
When working under pressure at some sports events I'm constantly ingesting cards during the game. Having to stop and  process each card when ingested is time consuming and a distraction from the came. I know it doesnt take long but would be far easier and helpful if this process could be done during ingest.

Offline Rob Puller

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:32:56 AM »
I see that this thread is quite old, but have not been able to find a positive response.  I would like to reset the image resolution on files as they are ingested.  It looks to me like this could be set in Preferences as the Default image resolution to use, but this does not appear to affect anything.  After ingest, I can click on Edit and Select All, then click on Tools and Change Resolution and get the desired result, but this requires remembering to invoke a couple of steps that could be automated during ingest.  Is this possible?

Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »
Rob,

I see that this thread is quite old, but have not been able to find a positive response.  I would like to reset the image resolution on files as they are ingested.  It looks to me like this could be set in Preferences as the Default image resolution to use, but this does not appear to affect anything.  After ingest, I can click on Edit and Select All, then click on Tools and Change Resolution and get the desired result, but this requires remembering to invoke a couple of steps that could be automated during ingest.  Is this possible?

There is no facility for Ingest to change the DPI of the photos as they're ingested.

-Kirk

Offline Rob Puller

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »
This would be a very nice feature as it would pre-set resolution for use when printing from CNX or CS5 or other processors.  Is there any chance of having this added?  Especially if we say "Please".

BTW, it was great to see your comments following mine on Nikonians.Org.  The quick responses to my questions from you and Jerry Hebert and Marley Hayes have been very much appreciated over the last couple of weeks while I was learning about Photo Mechanic and definitely influenced me favorably; I bought it!  I hope you all will continue to monitor Nikonians as I am sure that more members will be adding PM to their toolsets.  In fact, some of the members comments about PM originally led me to investigate it and, after initially deciding to use the free and very good Nikon VNX viewer and discussing that with them, they convinced me to look more closely at PM.  Glad they did.

Thanks,

Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »
Rob,

This would be a very nice feature as it would pre-set resolution for use when printing from CNX or CS5 or other processors.  Is there any chance of having this added?  Especially if we say "Please".

Possibly, it's certainly possible to do that after the files are copied.  When such a feature would be added, I can't estimate.

Quote from: Rob Puller
BTW, it was great to see your comments following mine on Nikonians.Org.  The quick responses to my questions from you and Jerry Hebert and Marley Hayes have been very much appreciated over the last couple of weeks while I was learning about Photo Mechanic and definitely influenced me favorably; I bought it!  I hope you all will continue to monitor Nikonians as I am sure that more members will be adding PM to their toolsets.  In fact, some of the members comments about PM originally led me to investigate it and, after initially deciding to use the free and very good Nikon VNX viewer and discussing that with them, they convinced me to look more closely at PM.  Glad they did.

Thanks.  Word of mouth sells more copies of PM than any other method we've used.

-Kirk

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »
Thanks.  Word of mouth sells more copies of PM than any other method we've used.

-Kirk

The same was for me. A photographer from the UK introduced me to PM and I recommended it to 3 People and 1 Agency...
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.