Author Topic: Canon 40D camera actuations help?  (Read 4673 times)

Offline jamiehines

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Canon 40D camera actuations help?
« on: September 04, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »
Hello Support & Users,

I wanted to say that I have been using PM for a while now, its just fantastic. I recently saw a post on another forum from a person that is selling their 40D and said that PM had the actuations at XYZ for a number.

This them brought me here, I see there are some other posts, but to be honest I don't use PM to the fullest extent so I'm not sure what I need to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie Hines

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Canon 40D camera actuations help?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 11:38:35 AM »
Jamie,

I wanted to say that I have been using PM for a while now, its just fantastic. I recently saw a post on another forum from a person that is selling their 40D and said that PM had the actuations at XYZ for a number.

This them brought me here, I see there are some other posts, but to be honest I don't use PM to the fullest extent so I'm not sure what I need to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to use the {actuations} variable in your Info Text.  Use the 'Set Info Text...' command on the Edit menu and add the following:

Actuations: {actuations}

Then when you're in the Preview window you'll see the actuation count.  Note that not all cameras record an accurate actuation count.  The 40D does not include an accurate actuation count.  Only having an authorized Canon repair center examine the camera will provide an exact count.

-Kirk