Author Topic: Viewing files in Photo Mechanic after editing in Capture NX2  (Read 4369 times)

Offline aces1202

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Viewing files in Photo Mechanic after editing in Capture NX2
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »
I currently use NX2 and am considering buying PM to use alongside it.  If I edit a NEF file in NX2, will the alterations be visible when I browse in PM, or will I only see the original NEF file before any changes?  One of the reasons I want to use PM is to use it to send my photos by email, so I want my alterations (made in NX) to be reflected in the jpgs that are sent by PM.   I'm not crazy about the way NX2 creates the jpgs to send in emails.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Viewing files in Photo Mechanic after editing in Capture NX2
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:34:43 PM »
I currently use NX2 and am considering buying PM to use alongside it.  If I edit a NEF file in NX2, will the alterations be visible when I browse in PM, or will I only see the original NEF file before any changes?  One of the reasons I want to use PM is to use it to send my photos by email, so I want my alterations (made in NX) to be reflected in the jpgs that are sent by PM.   I'm not crazy about the way NX2 creates the jpgs to send in emails.

You'll see the updated NEF's embedded JPEG preview when you return to Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk