Author Topic: Code replacement issues...  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Code replacement issues...
« on: September 14, 2008, 08:37:50 AM »
I have a folder of jpeg files I need to caption.  When I open that folder in PM code replacement will not work.  I type the code and nothing happens.  I can open a different folder with files that are jpeg or raw and the CodeR works just fine. 

What is the deal?  Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

I've tried closing the folder and the PM and reopening them several times and no joy what so ever.  I've tried moving the files to a new folder.  That doesn't work.  What is going on here?  Suggestions?

~ W

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Re: Code replacement issues...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »
Okay, I've figured out the issue.   ;D  :-\

To use fewer keystrokes in the caption field I inserted the beginning part of the CodeR code where I want to use it like this:

August 9, 2008 - St. Joseph, IL -  \fc at the St. Joseph 5K Run.  Proceeds from the race were donated to the St. Joseph-Ogden High School cross-country teams. \rr

All I wanted to be able to do was type in the number and the last \ at the end of each replacement string.  When I tried inserting the number after the "\fc"  nothing would happen as I mentioned above.  I tried the same replacement code in another field and it worked fine.  Next I removed the last "\rr" and tried the \fc.  It worked.

I'm guessing that CodeR is reading everything between the \fc to the next "\" before the rr.  Inserting the terminating "\" at the end of the first code is ignored and the function won't work. 

To solve the problem I just had to add the second slash to each code.

Kirk: Would it be possible in the future for users to have the ability to set up a pair of function keys to remember a string a characters so that if I hit f4 then it would add \fc\ and then I type the number?  f5 could be the opposing team or second code that would be used during the replacement.  I guess the could be a code replacement hotkey function.