Author Topic: Learning from Fotostation  (Read 5249 times)

Offline RonaldFrommann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Learning from Fotostation
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:32:25 PM »
Hi all,
after testing PM for some days, I miss a feature, which I liked in Fotostation. I like to run a slide show for selecting the pictures, because the pics are big then and nothing else is disturbing. As I learned in PM I can tag the pics or give them stars. The problem: I don't see this choice during the slide show, only in the contact sheet view. It would be helpful, if the pic gets a coloured border for beeing taggeg for example or if the stars are displayed and if a change (Tab yes or no)will be seen during the slide show .
One other big question:
will there be a german  version?

Best regards

Ronald

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Learning from Fotostation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:27:22 AM »
Ronald,

after testing PM for some days, I miss a feature, which I liked in Fotostation. I like to run a slide show for selecting the pictures, because the pics are big then and nothing else is disturbing. As I learned in PM I can tag the pics or give them stars. The problem: I don't see this choice during the slide show, only in the contact sheet view. It would be helpful, if the pic gets a coloured border for beeing taggeg for example or if the stars are displayed and if a change (Tab yes or no)will be seen during the slide show .

The slide show in Photo Mechanic does need some attention.  We have plans to make it better, likely after the 4.6 version.

Quote from: RonaldFrommann
One other big question:
will there be a german  version?

At some point, yes.  We have made the almost the entire application Unicode savvy so internationalization is now possible.

-Kirk

Offline RonaldFrommann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:51:12 AM »
Kirk

That sounds good.Hope I don't have to wait too long.

Ronald

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
I like to run a slide show for selecting the pictures, because the pics are big then and nothing else is disturbing. As I learned in PM I can tag the pics or give them stars. The problem: I don't see this choice during the slide show, only in the contact sheet view.

Hi Ronald,

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to view and tag the images in full-screen mode and are currently only tagging the images in the contact sheet because you can't do it in the slide show.

However, if you highlight all (or a group) of images then select Image>Preview (or type command+R) you can view each image in a large window which you can adjust to almost full-screen. You then use the arrow keys to go back & forth between images & can either tag the image/s with the space bar or use the number keys to apply a colour selection to selected images.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul