Author Topic: IPTC stationery pad  (Read 7149 times)

Offline daveJDSP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC stationery pad
« on: September 18, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
We need [check all] and [check none] buttons,
to be able to quickly apply most or just a few fields.

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC stationery pad
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 11:56:05 PM »
We need [check all] and [check none] buttons,
to be able to quickly apply most or just a few fields.

While there is no Check All button, you can control which fields are cleared, and which checkboxes are cleared when you press the Clear button.  If you hold down the "Shortcut Key" which on Mac OS X is Option, and on Windows is Shift, the Clear button's label will change from "Clear" to "Options" which will let you configure which checkboxes and fields are cleared when the Clear button is clicked.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline kwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:57:59 AM »
One thing that often trips me up is when applying IPTC stationery to multiple selected images, I'll fill in a field but forget to check the checkbox. The result is that the field is not added, but I only discover this after PM crunches through the selected images. That is, if I discover it at all.

Would it be possible to auto-check the box when a field is modified? For keywords and captions, only the '+' would be auto-checked to avoid deleting existing information. A safer alternative would just be for a warning to be displayed "Changed fields are not checked. Proceed?" when trying to apply the IPTC stationery to selected images.

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 11:40:18 AM »
Kevin,

One thing that often trips me up is when applying IPTC stationery to multiple selected images, I'll fill in a field but forget to check the checkbox. The result is that the field is not added, but I only discover this after PM crunches through the selected images. That is, if I discover it at all.

Would it be possible to auto-check the box when a field is modified? For keywords and captions, only the '+' would be auto-checked to avoid deleting existing information. A safer alternative would just be for a warning to be displayed "Changed fields are not checked. Proceed?" when trying to apply the IPTC stationery to selected images.

I like the auto-check idea much better.  The confirmation dialog could also be added, I suppose.

I ran it past the rest of the team and it sounds good.  I'll look into adding this feature in the 4.5 version.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Offline kwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »
Great! Thanks, Kirk.

Kevin

Offline kwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for implementing this, it is really a time saver.

I have noticed, though, that the auto checkmark doen't work with drop-down fields (country code, date, urgency). Any way to make a pull-down selection trigger the checkmark in the box?

Drop-down lists also seem to be skipped when I press the Tab key to navigate from field to field. For example, if I just filled in the "Country" IPTC field, I press Tab and it goes to the "Photographer" field, skipping over the Code and Date pull-down lists. If there's a way to improve navigation using the Tab key to not skip over these fields, that would be very useful.

Thanks, as ever,

Kevin

PM 4.5.3.2
Mac OS 10.5.4 (on an Intel 15" 2.2GHz MBP)