Author Topic: Very strange problem under Vista 64bit  (Read 2977 times)

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Very strange problem under Vista 64bit
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »
Recently i upgraded to Vista 64bit but left my old XP 32bit Installation unchanged on a seperate Harddisk. Now a very weird and frightening problem is occuring at XP everything is fine but on Vista 64bit some of my files doesn't show the new IPTC-Data (Photomechanic has on both systems the same Preferences i double-checked). I ingest my files with a seperate tool now on Vista some of the files show the old IPTC-Data (without Description and Keywords and some - later changed - standard Values like City etc.). The most strange thing is that some equally treated files shows the updated IPTC though some others showing only the IPTC-Data from ingesting ???
I think you really have to look in the files itself so please let me know to which adress i should send the JPEGs.
Best Regards
Rolf

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Very strange problem under Vista 64bit
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:03:28 PM »
Now i checked with another Imagebrowser under Vista  64bit everything looks fine with this Imagebrowser the correct and updated IPTC-Data is showing very Strange :-\

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »
Now i checked with another Imagebrowser under Vista  64bit everything looks fine with this Imagebrowser the correct and updated IPTC-Data is showing very Strange :-\

Is there anything that still needs to be solved or have you solved this one yourself?

-Kirk

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »
No No No the problem is still there for some files the updated IPTC doesn't show up with PM under Vista tough it shows correct under XP (is my english that bad - i'm sorry)

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
If i change one word in the other Imagebrowser (like in the caption or copyright-field) suddenly all new correct IPTC-Data is showing up for this file in PM. Most strange about this i did the last change in the photos with PM under XP so it's very strange that PM is not possible to show the correct data under Vista64bit ( though the cause of the whole mistake is maybe one of the other softwares i'm using to edit Metadata)
Really you should have a look in those files.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:34:42 PM by rolfo »

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »
Okay i solved it sorry for the noise ;D :D
i have overseen the Read/updat the first one ::) :'( :'(