Author Topic: HTML Export Request  (Read 7258 times)

Offline graham

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
HTML Export Request
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:53:54 AM »
Hello,

I regularly create web galleries for clients (proofs, basic galleries, etc.), and as it stands I have to insert a header at the top of each page semi-automatically (ie: replace all within Dreamweaver) in order to brand each page with my content.  I was wondering if it would be possible to do this automatically - either by locating the file (browse) or entering a filename if a banner is to be used.  This sort of thing would save a fair bit of time.

Also, is there any way to customize the image table size from 100% width down to something defined by the user?  I use 700 px so the images don't spread out too far.

Thank you all for your work on a superb product!

Graham Lindsey
Ottawa, Canada

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: HTML Export Request
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 05:51:59 PM »
Graham,

I regularly create web galleries for clients (proofs, basic galleries, etc.), and as it stands I have to insert a header at the top of each page semi-automatically (ie: replace all within Dreamweaver) in order to brand each page with my content.  I was wondering if it would be possible to do this automatically - either by locating the file (browse) or entering a filename if a banner is to be used.  This sort of thing would save a fair bit of time.

Also, is there any way to customize the image table size from 100% width down to something defined by the user?  I use 700 px so the images don't spread out too far.

Thank you all for your work on a superb product!

There is currently no way to do what you ask with the current HTML export feature.

The HTML export feature will be fully customizable in version 4.5.  There will be a number of predefined templates and you will be able to modify them and/or create your own.  So when 4.5 comes out, you would just duplicate your favorite template and modify it just one time and just choose your modified version from then on.

-Kirk

Offline joemahoney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • I-News Network
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:43:37 PM »
What's the possibility of integrating the export and ftp features? Allow the generated files and associated JPGs to be uploaded within the export functionality? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 02:47:32 PM »
What's the possibility of integrating the export and ftp features? Allow the generated files and associated JPGs to be uploaded within the export functionality? Thanks.

That is also planned for 4.5.x.

-Kirk