Author Topic: workflow question- view multiple images?  (Read 5798 times)

Offline gchappel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
workflow question- view multiple images?
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »
I am looking at using photomechanic again- was using thumbsplus for a while.
My question is-
Is there a way to view and compare more than 2 pictures at time?  It is often handy to be able to open and view at least 4images at a time, and have them synched together.  That allows me to zoom them all together, pan them all together and evaluate sharpness at 100% and compare multiple images of the same subject.  I then like to mark and keep the best one or two, and throw the rest away. 
Presently I only see how to open 2 images, and they are not "synched", I don't see how to move them around together to compare.
Thanks, this program is nice and fast, and I really like that the nef and jpg files are linked, but I am looking for a better comparision workflow.  It may already be here, but I can't find it
Thanks again
Gary

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: workflow question- view multiple images?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »
I am looking at using photomechanic again- was using thumbsplus for a while.
My question is-
Is there a way to view and compare more than 2 pictures at time?  It is often handy to be able to open and view at least 4images at a time, and have them synched together.  That allows me to zoom them all together, pan them all together and evaluate sharpness at 100% and compare multiple images of the same subject.  I then like to mark and keep the best one or two, and throw the rest away. 
Presently I only see how to open 2 images, and they are not "synched", I don't see how to move them around together to compare.

You can indeed only compare two images at a time.  You can however lock them together while comparing them when zooming.  First zoom in.  Then align the two images (some images won't need any alignment) the way you want them.  Then click on the "Lock" checkbox (or just type 'L') then they will stay locked together as you pan them around.  They can even be panned beyond their bounds and still stay in synch.

Quote from: gchappel
Thanks, this program is nice and fast, and I really like that the nef and jpg files are linked, but I am looking for a better comparision workflow.  It may already be here, but I can't find it

Just two images for now.

-Kirk

Offline gchappel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: workflow question- view multiple images?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:09:42 PM »
Thanks, that will help
Gary