Author Topic: Keyboard shortcuts -- PM 4.6.x and future versions  (Read 5507 times)

Offline MikeA

• View Profile
Keyboard shortcuts -- PM 4.6.x and future versions
« on: March 22, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
I don't know if this is a feature request or a bug report. :-) With a single photo selected in the contact sheet, pressing either Control and "+" or "t" tags a single photo. With multiple photos selected, pressing Control and "+" tags them all. But pressing "t" tags only the first one selected. Is that by design? If so, it's a feature request: that "t" would work the same as the Control/+ shortcut, doing multiple tagging when more than one photo is selected. The same is true of the single-keystroke color commands. The single keystroke works with one photo at a time only.

If this is all by design and is by request of a majority of users, could it become an option whether a single keystroke tags (or selects a rating or color for) multiple images?
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can invent as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyboard shortcuts -- PM 4.6.x and future versions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
Mike,

I don't know if this is a feature request or a bug report. :-) With a single photo selected in the contact sheet, pressing either Control and "+" or "t" tags a single photo. With multiple photos selected, pressing Control and "+" tags them all. But pressing "t" tags only the first one selected. Is that by design? If so, it's a feature request: that "t" would work the same as the Control/+ shortcut, doing multiple tagging when more than one photo is selected. The same is true of the single-keystroke color commands. The single keystroke works with one photo at a time only.

If this is all by design and is by request of a majority of users, could it become an option whether a single keystroke tags (or selects a rating or color for) multiple images?

The shortcut keys that require no qualifiers (Ctrl, Alt, etc.) operate on only one photo.  It's by design.  Could it be changed to work on all photos?  Sure.  I'll have to discuss this with the rest of the team.

-Kirk

Offline MikeA

• View Profile
Re: Keyboard shortcuts -- PM 4.6.x and future versions
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »
The shortcut keys that require no qualifiers (Ctrl, Alt, etc.) operate on only one photo.  It's by design.  Could it be changed to work on all photos?  Sure.  I'll have to discuss this with the rest of the team.

-Kirk

After the fact I realized the thinking behind the design -- obviously, no bug here. Changing how it works, permanently, might get in the way of some people's workflows....so it'd be useful to have the 'one keystroke affects all' feature as an option.

Thanks,
Mike
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can invent as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic