Author Topic: photo rotation  (Read 2484 times)

Offline clphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
photo rotation
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
I have 3,000+ images (jpegs) in a file that I resized to thumbnails using mac automator - gives me a group that is a good size for review and email and will fit on to one dvd.  The idea is that the photo editors can use this for selection, then revert back to the master raw files for the actual final use.  The problem is - the re sized files do not have the photo in the proper orientation when viewed in PM - that is.... all files view as landscape.  If I open the same file in bridge then the orientation is correct - vertical is vertical, horizontal is horizontal.  Since everyone I know and work with use PM for the edit process we are hooped because half the pics are now in the wrong orientation.   Or is there a way in PM for me to reduce the file size and save all the images to fit on one dvd

Thanks

Macbook pro
PM 4.5.3.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: photo rotation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:42:07 PM »
I have 3,000+ images (jpegs) in a file that I resized to thumbnails using mac automator - gives me a group that is a good size for review and email and will fit on to one dvd.  The idea is that the photo editors can use this for selection, then revert back to the master raw files for the actual final use.  The problem is - the re sized files do not have the photo in the proper orientation when viewed in PM - that is.... all files view as landscape.  If I open the same file in bridge then the orientation is correct - vertical is vertical, horizontal is horizontal.  Since everyone I know and work with use PM for the edit process we are hooped because half the pics are now in the wrong orientation.   Or is there a way in PM for me to reduce the file size and save all the images to fit on one dvd

Yes, you can do all of this within Photo Mechanic, including burning the disc.  I'd like to see one of these sample images to see why PM wouldn't be showing them in the expected orientation.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk