Author Topic: Generating PM readable XMP  (Read 2191 times)

Offline frithnow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Generating PM readable XMP
« on: October 16, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
Hi there,

I have a bunch of legacy stock shots that have been scanned. We used to manage them in a Filemaker database but would now like to  have Photo Mechanic embed the existing metadata.

I have a Filemaker developer on the case. The plan is to export XMP files, drop them in the folder with the images where PM can read them and then embed from there. The only hitch is that the PM is only picking up one of the fields in the text XMP file he has sent me (we are using about 6 fields)

Can anyone advise on the correct formatting of XMP files for PM to read?

We are running PM 4.5.3.2, Mac OSX 10.5.5
Thanks
Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Generating PM readable XMP
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
Rob,

I have a bunch of legacy stock shots that have been scanned. We used to manage them in a Filemaker database but would now like to  have Photo Mechanic embed the existing metadata.

I have a Filemaker developer on the case. The plan is to export XMP files, drop them in the folder with the images where PM can read them and then embed from there. The only hitch is that the PM is only picking up one of the fields in the text XMP file he has sent me (we are using about 6 fields)

Can anyone advise on the correct formatting of XMP files for PM to read?

The file format for XMP is XML with special namespaces and tags.  I think the easiest way would be to have PM produce some XMP files and then have your developer take a look at them.

-Kirk