Author Topic: Unable to save IPTC info  (Read 2851 times)

Offline mylesashby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Unable to save IPTC info
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
Hello,
I am using Photo Mechanic Version 4.5.3.1 on a Mac OS X with 768 MB DDR SDRAM memory. Whenever I try to update the IPTC info for some images, I get an error message that reads: Unable to Save IPTC info. The images are saved as jpegs and are being processed and sent to us through Lightroom and Fetch. Is it possible that the images are being locked during the transaction from Lightroom to Photo Mechanic? When the photographer re-sends the images as Tiffs, I am able to updated the info, but when I save them as jpegs, they become locked.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unable to save IPTC info
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
Hello,
I am using Photo Mechanic Version 4.5.3.1 on a Mac OS X with 768 MB DDR SDRAM memory. Whenever I try to update the IPTC info for some images, I get an error message that reads: Unable to Save IPTC info. The images are saved as jpegs and are being processed and sent to us through Lightroom and Fetch. Is it possible that the images are being locked during the transaction from Lightroom to Photo Mechanic? When the photographer re-sends the images as Tiffs, I am able to updated the info, but when I save them as jpegs, they become locked.

Do the images appear to be locked if you view their "Info" in the Finder?

-Kirk

Offline mylesashby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
it says the images are unlocked. If you like, I can send you one of the images I am having trouble with.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 10:21:25 AM »
it says the images are unlocked. If you like, I can send you one of the images I am having trouble with.

Yes, please do.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk