Author Topic: FTP as, EXIF-Data, TRANSMIT  (Read 4456 times)

Offline oryk

• View Profile
FTP as, EXIF-Data, TRANSMIT
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »
Hello,

there is a phenomenon sending files to a server via <FTP as> with PM 4.5.3.2 and using FTP-transmission program TRANSMIT. Checkbox <Preserve EXIF Information ...> is unchecked.

If the destination folder (on server) is observed with TRANSMIT at the same time I'm sending files via PM, the EXIF Information are not preserved on the sent files.

If I do not use TRANSMIT, EXIF Information is preserved on the sent files.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:08:04 PM by oryk »
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP as, EXIF-Data, TRANSMIT
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »
there is a phenomenon sending files to a server via <FTP as> with PM 4.5.3.2 and using FTP-transmission program TRANSMIT. Checkbox <Preserve EXIF Information ...> is unchecked.

If the destination folder (on server) is observed with TRANSMIT at the same time I'm sending files via PM, the EXIF Information are not preserved on the sent files.

I don't see how that is possible.  The files are generated into a temporary folder before uploading commences.  How would it be that an external application can affect Photo Mechanic's data?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
Re: FTP as, EXIF-Data, TRANSMIT
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »

I don't see how that is possible.  The files are generated into a temporary folder before uploading commences.  How would it be that an external application can affect Photo Mechanic's data?

-Kirk

e.g. ICC profile, shutter and aperture Information are not preserved.

By the way: this problem pertain only to <saved as JPEG> option.

Is there anybody who can reproduce the problem ?
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )