Author Topic: half my key words are lost  (Read 5486 times)

Offline icedog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
half my key words are lost
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
Half my key words are not saved and it is very frustrating. It seems to happen when I add new key words to those already typed in. Everything from the new post on is lost even when I save it it does not show up later. Any idea what is going on? I use MAC OSX 10.4.11, 2GB RAM.

I AM using the IPTC info dialog. The original words entered later show up in "quotes"  in photoshop but everything entered after the first set of quotes does not later show up when I later open up the IPTC info in Photoshop CS3. And anything entered in the middle of the original key words does not show up as well as anything after that. It seems to be a problem with where the "   "  end.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:06:51 PM by icedog »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: half my key words are lost
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
Half my key words are not saved and it is very frustrating. It seems to happen when I add new key words to those already typed in. Everything from the new post on is lost even when I save it it does not show up later. Any idea what is going on? I use MAC OSX 10.4.11, 2GB RAM.

It sounds like you're using the IPTC Stationery Pad instead of the IPTC Info dialog and you're choosing not to append the new keywords.

-Kirk

Offline icedog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
Thanks Kirk, but that was not it. I was using the Fine Info section accessed by clicking the lower right "i" on the photo.

See addition to my original posting.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »
Thanks Kirk, but that was not it. I was using the Fine Info section accessed by clicking the lower right "i" on the photo.

See addition to my original posting.

Please send me some sample files.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk