Author Topic: I cant make LR "see" my ratings done in PM  (Read 20539 times)

Offline rbuchner

• View Profile
Re: I cant make LR "see" my ratings done in PM
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 07:49:59 AM »
actually Im not sure what change was the ONE that finally made it work...

I believe its the XMP sidecar thing you mentioned on previous posts...

Suddenly, I saw a tinny arrow icon on LR thumbnails corners, I clicked it, and I was asked to synch the metadata, and voila!

Maybe I found the solution way before, but could not notice that I had to press this arrow in order to update the metadata in LR, which was changed by other application (PM).

Kirk, thank you so much for your patience on this matter, guiding me through the whole process.

Ricardo

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:49 PM »
Hello Kirk, if I may still suggest for 4.6, to add a lightning button setting or checkbox in the preferences dialog along the lines of "recommended settings for Adobe integration / for Capture NX integration"...Even though it's all in the user's manual, judging from the number of posts here on the forums many people either don't read it or don't understand it. And a simple toggle/lightning switch could save a lot of grief on the forums :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »
Frantisek,

Hello Kirk, if I may still suggest for 4.6, to add a lightning button setting or checkbox in the preferences dialog along the lines of "recommended settings for Adobe integration / for Capture NX integration"...Even though it's all in the user's manual, judging from the number of posts here on the forums many people either don't read it or don't understand it. And a simple toggle/lightning switch could save a lot of grief on the forums :)

I'd like to do something like that, but the settings are spread out over three different tabs of the Preferences dialog.  Also, depending on what you've done in the other apps, no one set of settings will always work.

-Kirk

Offline rbuchner

• View Profile
Another question:
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »
Can LR understand the TAGGED selection? Or just colors and stars?

I made all my selections using the TAG thing, and would like to make LR synch with that...

Of course theres a work-around (labeling all tags with some color or star rating)...

Thanks

Ricardo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Another question:
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 06:25:10 PM »
Ricardo,

Can LR understand the TAGGED selection? Or just colors and stars?

I made all my selections using the TAG thing, and would like to make LR synch with that...

Of course theres a work-around (labeling all tags with some color or star rating)...

It would be great if LR would read and write its 'Flagged' status in XMP data but it does not do so at this time.  So for the moment, only color labels and star ratings transfer between the two applications.

-Kirk