Author Topic: Random arrangement  (Read 7598 times)

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
Random arrangement
« on: October 20, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »
I believe you may be offering a way to export slideshows?  If so, in a contact sheet any chance you could arrange photos by 'random order'?  It can be a nice feature when creating a slideshow, etc..

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Random arrangement
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »
I believe you may be offering a way to export slideshows?  If so, in a contact sheet any chance you could arrange photos by 'random order'?  It can be a nice feature when creating a slideshow, etc..

Yes, via a Soundslides exporter.

Random order meaning a custom Arrangement that is random?

-Kirk

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:27:40 PM »
An arrangment option that was random.  This is a feature that Iview media allows.  You simply hit view by random and the images are set in random order.  You can hit sort again and they are again sorted randomly.  This is a nice feature when you want to crate a quick slideshow but don't necessarily want the images to appear by capture date.  I know you can have a slidehow go in random order but you can't export the slideshow. It would be nice to be able to apply this random order in a contact sheet.  From there you can rename and keep this new order if you like, by later sorting by file name.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:49 PM »
An arrangment option that was random.  This is a feature that Iview media allows.  You simply hit view by random and the images are set in random order.  You can hit sort again and they are again sorted randomly.  This is a nice feature when you want to crate a quick slideshow but don't necessarily want the images to appear by capture date.  I know you can have a slidehow go in random order but you can't export the slideshow. It would be nice to be able to apply this random order in a contact sheet.  From there you can rename and keep this new order if you like, by later sorting by file name.

So it's like a Random sort that you can re-randomize at any time then.

-Kirk

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
Correct.  Does PM have a random sort feature?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »
Correct.  Does PM have a random sort feature?

No, it does not.

-Kirk