Author Topic: Renaming from Fuji S5 Pro's user comment field  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Andy_Mac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Renaming from Fuji S5 Pro's user comment field
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:04:49 AM »
Hi

I'm just looking at the trial, I want to be able to rename a Fuji S5 JPEG (not raw) from the user comment - the S5 stores information in this field that's been read by a barcode reader.

I can't see from the list of fields in Photo Mechanic's renaming menu anything that relates to this field. I know that it can be done with ACDSee but I really need something that's Mac specific. Can you help?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming from Fuji S5 Pro's user comment field
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:05:23 AM »
Hi

I'm just looking at the trial, I want to be able to rename a Fuji S5 JPEG (not raw) from the user comment - the S5 stores information in this field that's been read by a barcode reader.

I can't see from the list of fields in Photo Mechanic's renaming menu anything that relates to this field. I know that it can be done with ACDSee but I really need something that's Mac specific. Can you help?

PM doesn't expose that information in a variable.  If you could send us a sample image and tell me what data is contained in the user comment field of the sample image you share with us, I can see about adding such a variable.

Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk