Author Topic: Ingest/IPTC Window Names  (Read 4160 times)

Offline k_bennett

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest/IPTC Window Names
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:04:59 AM »
Greetings,

I am very happy to be able to save different combinations of settings in the Ingest and the IPTC Stationerydialog boxes, and recall them with a single click of the "lightning bolt" drop down menu. I have several different sets for me and my student photographers, some for personal work and some for work work. As you might imagine, this can get confusing -- and I often find that I have applied the wrong IPTC info to a folder full of photos.

So, I have two requests:

1. The saved templates have a name in the drop down menu. It would be great if that name could be displayed at the top of the dialog box, so it would say something like "Ingest: Ken Personal" or "IPTC Stationery Pad: Joe Smith." This would make me instantly aware of which saved set I was using.

2. This may be much more complicated. When I save an Ingest template that uses the "Apply IPTC Stationery Pad to Photos" check box, it doesn't actually save the IPTC template -- choosing that Ingest template just uses the most recent IPTC stationery. It would be great if the *saved* Ingest dialog could remember which *saved* IPTC stationery pad was associated with it. That way when I choose an Ingest template, I get the associated IPTC template at the same time.

Thanks for the great program.

--Ken Bennett

Offline Photo_op

• View Profile
Re: Ingest/IPTC Window Names
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:41:18 AM »
Kirk-

Ditto to the above...from a previous feature request.

Dave
MacMini, 8 Meg RAM, OS X 10.8.2, PM 5, Lightroom 4.2, Sony 580, Fuji X10