Author Topic: Automated start of PM  (Read 3423 times)

Offline RonaldFrommann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Automated start of PM
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:55:53 PM »
Hi
Two questions:

1. Is there a way to make PM start on my mac when I insert a  CF ard in my reader? Capture one does it, although I don't want it to do it.
2. Is it possible to choose another keystroke than "." for tagging pics? Just a matter of comfort for me. I would prefer "A" for example.

Thanks for any help

Ronald Frommann/Hamburg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Automated start of PM
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »
Ronald,

1. Is there a way to make PM start on my mac when I insert a  CF ard in my reader? Capture one does it, although I don't want it to do it.

Yes.  Open up the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, click on the "Launching" tab, and then click on the "Configure" button.

Quote from: RonaldFrommann
2. Is it possible to choose another keystroke than "." for tagging pics? Just a matter of comfort for me. I would prefer "A" for example.

You can use the 't' key as well.  All of the keyboard shortcuts are listed in the manual available from our website:

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:23:51 AM »
Ronald,

Yes.  Open up the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, click on the "Launching" tab, and then click on the "Configure" button.

-Kirk

Kirk,

Can that be done on an WinXP machine as well? I don't see a 'Configure' button under the launching tab.

Currently XP brings up the 'task' window when I insert a mem card. In the task window it shows the option 'Ingest using PM', but when I click on it nothing happens if PM is not already open and running. If PM is open, then the ingest dialogue comes up.

Thanks.

Juerg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:14:02 AM »
Juerg,

Can that be done on an WinXP machine as well? I don't see a 'Configure' button under the launching tab.

Currently XP brings up the 'task' window when I insert a mem card. In the task window it shows the option 'Ingest using PM', but when I click on it nothing happens if PM is not already open and running. If PM is open, then the ingest dialogue comes up.

You need to configure AutoPlay to use "Ingest with Photo Mechanic" when a card is mounted.  Unfortunately AutoPlay is very finicky and for some systems it is impossible to ever get AutoPlay to work.  Microsoft even created an AutoPlay repair wizard to try and fix the problems some people experience with AutoPlay.  The wizard doesn't always work however.  If an AutoPlay dialog doesn't already appear on your system when you insert a card and PM isn't running then you may have already assigned AutoPlay to do something else when the card is mounted.  In that case, right-click on the card device in Windows Explorer, choose 'Properties' from the contextual menu, then click on the 'AutoPlay' tab when the Properties dialog appears.  From there you should be able to choose 'Ingest with Photo Mechanic'.

HTH,

-Kirk