Author Topic: e-mailing to thunderbird mail for MAC  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Willow

• View Profile
    • Anaspides Photography
e-mailing to thunderbird mail for MAC
« on: November 07, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
Hello

Currently trialling PM

E-mailing images from within PM.  I use a MAC and do not use MAC mail, however, the program defaults to MAC mail every time.  This is despite the fact that Thunderbird is my default mail client.  I have attempted to chnage the settings within the preferences, but thunderbird is not listed.

How do I get PM to send to Thunderbird mail?

Thank you.....Iain

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: e-mailing to thunderbird mail for MAC
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
Iain,

E-mailing images from within PM.  I use a MAC and do not use MAC mail, however, the program defaults to MAC mail every time.  This is despite the fact that Thunderbird is my default mail client.  I have attempted to chnage the settings within the preferences, but thunderbird is not listed.

How do I get PM to send to Thunderbird mail?

The last I looked, Thunderbird did not offer an AppleScript dictionary suitable for an application like Photo Mechanic to get it to create emails with attachments.  That is why there is no setting for Thunderbird.

-Kirk

Offline Willow

• View Profile
    • Anaspides Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 04:47:13 AM »
thanks for your very prompt replies Kirk

I have now changed to another e-mail client and it works very well.

Another quick question (and yes I have/am reading the manual).

1:  When you are looking at the images in thumbnails, is there a way to have the "tagged" images highlighted in a color other than light grey?  The color change helps to identify the tagged images.

2: When you e-mail images via the program, is there a way to add a "pretty border" to the image?

Many thanks.....Iain

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:58:35 AM »
Iain,

1:  When you are looking at the images in thumbnails, is there a way to have the "tagged" images highlighted in a color other than light grey?  The color change helps to identify the tagged images.

Tagged images are indicated by a checkbox in the lower right corner of the thumbnail cell.  Selected images are drawn with the user's preferred hilight color.  You can change all of the colors for the Contact Sheet on the "Contact Sheet" tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.

Quote from: Willow
2: When you e-mail images via the program, is there a way to add a "pretty border" to the image?

No.  Not at this time.

-Kirk