Author Topic: Altering variables for string  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Willow

• View Profile
    • Anaspides Photography
Altering variables for string
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:16:25 AM »
Hello:

I've spent a few hours messing about but to no avail.

I want to add my camera model to end of the file renaming string, however, I only wish to add the last letters of the camera.

For example eos 5d, eos 1dm2, eos 1dm3 - rather than Canon EOS 1D-MIII as {model} currently defines.

Also, if I wish to do a rename with _ underscores replacing spaces and hyphen, how would I do this?    Is this possible.

Many thanks for your time and patience.......Iain

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Altering variables for string
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »
I want to add my camera model to end of the file renaming string, however, I only wish to add the last letters of the camera.

For example eos 5d, eos 1dm2, eos 1dm3 - rather than Canon EOS 1D-MIII as {model} currently defines.

You could use Code Replacement to do this.  You would create a UTF-8 text file like so: (where you see [tab], press the tab key in your text editor)

Canon EOS 5D[tab]eos 5d
Canon EOS 1D-MII[tab]eos 1dm2
Canon EOS 1D-MIII[tab]eos 1dm3

Then save the file.  Next open up the Code Replacement dialog (Edit->Set Code Replacement...) and load your file.

Now when you rename, use this in your renaming string:

\{model}\

And when the model name is looked up, you abbreviated name will be used instead.

Quote from: Willow
Also, if I wish to do a rename with _ underscores replacing spaces and hyphen, how would I do this?    Is this possible.

No, this is not currently possible.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:12:42 PM by Kirk Baker »