Author Topic: Photoshelter uploads.  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Photoshelter uploads.
« on: July 04, 2006, 08:31:16 AM »
Kirk,

I've just gotten around to trying the photoshelter uploads. When I select a group of photos to u/l I keep getting
[ftp error: Error: C:\Program Files\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic\ruby/lib/ruby1.8/timeout.rd:54:in 'rbuff_fill':excecution expired]

I watched a que of six files, the u/l worked fine, then it gets to the handshake and the speed just keeps dropping until the error msg comes up. Any idea what is goig on?

O.K. This is interesting, even though I still get the error the images appear to be posting. I have just deleted a bunch of images that duplicated, even triplicated on photoshelter.

Eric
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:53:02 AM by Eric »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photoshelter uploads.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:56:06 AM »
Eric,

I've just gotten around to trying the photoshelter uploads. When I select a group of photos to u/l I keep getting
[ftp error: Error: C:\Program Files\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic\ruby/lib/ruby1.8/timeout.rd:54:in 'rbuff_fill':excecution expired]

I watched a que of six files, the u/l worked fine, then it gets to the handshake and the speed just keeps dropping until the error msg comes up. Any idea what is goig on?

O.K. This is interesting, even though I still get the error the images appear to be posting. I have just deleted a bunch of images that duplicated, even triplicated on photoshelter.

One other person has reported this to us.  We're looking into it.  For some reason the PhotoShelter server doesn't respond to one of our requests, so it times out.

-Kirk

Offline Pavel

• View Profile
Re: Photoshelter uploads.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:07:24 AM »
Isn't there a checkbox with the upload to photoshelter feature somewhere where one can specify to skip files if they already exist in the archive?  perhaps this was not set.  I think the default is where PM puts the files up again right next to the identical file - but that can be changed.