Author Topic: Slow opening in photoshop after Leopard upgrade  (Read 2673 times)

Offline egphoto77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Slow opening in photoshop after Leopard upgrade
« on: November 09, 2008, 10:49:14 PM »
Just after upgrading to Leopard, my version of Photo Mechanic, 4.5.3.2, takes a long time to open up photos for editing in photoshop cs. I am shooting jpegs and never had a problem before. They would open right away. Now it can take up to 30 seconds. And I often have to flip back and forth between PM and PS before it will show up.

Don't know if this is a Leopard problem, photoshop or photo mechanic.

Eugene

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slow opening in photoshop after Leopard upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:19:39 AM »
Eugene,

Just after upgrading to Leopard, my version of Photo Mechanic, 4.5.3.2, takes a long time to open up photos for editing in photoshop cs. I am shooting jpegs and never had a problem before. They would open right away. Now it can take up to 30 seconds. And I often have to flip back and forth between PM and PS before it will show up.

Don't know if this is a Leopard problem, photoshop or photo mechanic.

It sounds like you may be extremely low on RAM and your system is using virtual memory to have both applications open at the same time.  How much RAM do you have on your system?  How much memory are you telling Photoshop to use?  How much memory are you telling Photo Mechanic to use?  Are you running any other applications at the same time?  Each application uses memory and if all of the real memory is used up, Mac OS X will use your hard drive to swap out the least recently used memory to allocate more memory for applications that are in use.

-Kirk