Author Topic: Need to Reinstall Photo Mechanic  (Read 4741 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Need to Reinstall Photo Mechanic
« on: November 08, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »
November 8, 2008
7:25 P.M.

I need some help.  After getting a head start on PhotoMechanic, and after my October 28, 2008 post to this board, I ordered the Leopard operating system.  I installed Leopard a couple of days ago, and have had nothing but trouble with theretofore existing programs and restoring preferences and even reinstalling programs.

The help I need is for the re-issuance of the PhotoMechanic password.  Although I made note of that "password" [the 12-digit number] when it was first issued, PhotoMechanic does not want to "let me in".  Instead, I get a "The password is invalid or doesn't match the name/company and department" popup screen.

Would you be so kind as to e-mail me the instructions for "getting back in" to PhotoMechanic.

No immediate hurry.  I getting ready to leave here, and go watch the Notre Dame - Boston College game.

Thanks.

Just Call Me

SHAMMY

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Need to Reinstall Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
Shammy,

The help I need is for the re-issuance of the PhotoMechanic password.  Although I made note of that "password" [the 12-digit number] when it was first issued, PhotoMechanic does not want to "let me in".  Instead, I get a "The password is invalid or doesn't match the name/company and department" popup screen.

Would you be so kind as to e-mail me the instructions for "getting back in" to PhotoMechanic.

Please call 503-547-2800 on Monday.  I don't have access to sales records.  The sales folks should be able to help you out.

If you need to use PM over the weekend then you can get a trial password from our website:  http://www.camerabits.com

-Kirk

Offline Shamrock

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »
November 9, 2008
6:28 P.M.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your reply yesterday afternoon.  As you suggest, I will call the office tomorrow morning.

By the way, as things turned out, I ought not to have hurried to tune into the Notre Dame - Boston College game last evening.  It looked like Notre Dame never showed up [bet you can't guess where my loyalities lie].

Thanks again for all your help on this PhotoMechanic Board

Just call me ………

SHAMMY

Offline Shamrock

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
November 10, 2008
9:48 P.M.

Hi Kirk (again),

A while ago, I called and spoke with Katie, as per your suggestion. 

And Katie very quickly put the PhotoMechanic (4.5.3.2 - evaluation) back into working order. 

It is always such a pleasure to deal with the folks at Camera Bits - every time, you all give real meaning to the two (albeit too often misused by corporate America) words "customer service".  Thanks for everything.  I guess I have just been having good luck recently.

Just call me ……………

SHAMMY